The Top 10 Christmas Gifts for Old People in 2012 features some cool and unique gifts for old people, as well as some ideas for Christmas presents for seniors that you might not have thought of yet. There are a few that made it to this years Christmas Gift list as well as last years and one in particular has been in the list three years in a row!
Some of the top Xmas gifts are free to give, some are gifts for old people that might cost a few dollars and some gifts for grandparents that will cost a whole lot more than a tacky Christmas sweater. Whatever your budget, you’ll be sure to find old people gifts for all the seniors on your list this year. If you can’t find what you like here, or in our Top Christmas Gifts for Old People in 2011 or our Top Christmas Gifts for Old People in 2010, then head over to Amazon.com and they will certainly have you covered with all the top Christmas gifts this year and not just gifts for old people either!
1. Homemade Coupons
Looking for a unique gift that will only cost you some time? How about a coupon book? You can fill it out with whatever free service you want. How about a free lift somewhere? Most seniors have stopped driving for safety reasons and this presents a huge problem. Walking isn’t always practical and with winter weather conditions meaning more slips and falls, you don’t want the old people in your life walking to get food or to medical appointments.The whole family can get in on the act, drawing and making the tickets and really, why stop at a free ride? Make them tickets for a free grocery shopping trip, free home made meal and dishes. Have some fun with it and see the smiles on their faces come Christmas morning! Gifts for grandparents don’t have to be expensive!
2.Digital Photo Frames
Digital Photo Frames are a heart warming way to help old people relive their days gone by. Fill up digital photo albums with the places they’ve been, family members, homes they’ve lived in, husbands and wives, grandkids and even favorite art work. These frames provide hours of entertainment and take senior citizens to a happy place when maybe they aren’t feeling so grand. This gift is especially nice for a senior citizen that lives alone or in a care home. With digital photo frames, old people will always feel like there is someone that loves them close by.
This new generation iPad is even better than the last model. You can Skype with your friends and family, you can play games, you can read newspapers and magazines, listen to music and watch videos. It is really a gift that keeps on giving since you can sit and enjoy it for hours!
5. Howard Staunton Chess Set This is not your ordinary chess set but rather the best of the best, what the Masters use and what anyone who is really serious about chess wants to play on. For over a century and a half, the Staunton chess set has proved extremely popular and is likely to remain that way in future. The design is successful because of its well-balanced and easily recognized pieces. The Staunton design is currently recognized as the official standard for tournament chess pieces. Anthony Saidy and Norman Lessing wrote that, “if a vote was taken among chess-players as to which pieces they most enjoyed playing with, there can be no doubt that the Staunton chessmen would win by an overwhelming margin. They are invariably used in major chess tournaments. No self-respecting chess club would be without them. They afford the most pleasing combination of utility and aesthetic appeal.”
Accept no substitutes. If you want the absolute best in chess sets for the old person you love, this Howard Staunton by Jaques of London is your only choice for chess sets for Christmas.
6. Travel Gifts Old People are probably the easiest to buy travel gifts for. They do the most traveling of any age group, most likely retired and if not, they have more than enough vacation time to use up. They are usually seasoned travelers already and probably have a favorite spot they like to visit and they certainly know what sorts of travel gifts they need. From power adapters to luggage, travel guide books to maps, Amazon has all the travel gifts you need for the elderly in your life.
7. Pet Stuff Many Old People choose to have pets in order for companionship, for love and for security. Pets help keep seniors company, give them affection and will alert them if something is not right in the home. There has been many news reports of pets saving the lives of their owners when there is a fire in the home. Pets are a part of the family and very much loved by their owners so we think that giving an old person’s pet a gift, you will show them both you care and want both pet and owner happy. You already know how much the old people in your life really love their pets so why not give them both something that will make them smile Christmas morning?
Amazon.com will have anything you need, for any kind of pet that your old person has. From pet care to pet health to pet toys to pet food, head over to the site and we’re willing to bet you’ll find something awesome to give your old people for their pets this Christmas.
8. Kindle The Amazon Kindle has come a long way since it launched a few years ago. Now more powerful than ever, this device has turned into a multimedia powerhouse that is a breeze to operate, easy to travel with and the selection of books, magazines, videos, music and games that you can download is mind-blowing. So many features in one tablet? Yes, the old people in your life will be keeping busy. They’ll be reading, playing, listening, chatting, and can also interact with friends and relatives all over the world via webcam. using the.Kindle will not only keep their minds occupied, but it’ll give you piece of mind knowing that they are being productive and are having fun doing it!
There are many different digital camera to choose from, it all depends on the skill level of the old person you are buying for. There are also tons of accessories like camera bags, lens’ and filters to make the senior photographer you know even happier this Christmas!
10. Heated Clothing We’ve featured heated blankets, heated slippers and heated mattress pads, but what about when Old People go outside? How about a heated vest to keep them warm and cozy when they head out into the chilly weather? From heated socks, gloves, jackets and vests, there is a good selection of heated clothing to help them avoid a chill and keep sickness away. Here’s a couple of heated jackets that would be perfect gift for grandparents this year.
There is a wide variety of gifts for grandparents that will make them smile this Christmas, we’ve only listed a few that we think will provide the best experience Christmas morning. If you are still stuck on what to buy this year, check out these ideas for gifts for old people at Amazon.com